As part of the Technology Summit we should be holding, we'd hold other build-up events such as this. Details posted from The OpenOffice.org Conference Team.
After Hamburg in 2003 and Berlin in 2004, we are searching for the perfect location for the OpenOffice.org Conference in 2005.
We are collecting applications from teams who are willing to organize OOoCon 2005 in locations outside Germany.
Interested teams should send their applications to the mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org in the following format:
Key Question: In 200 words or less, answer this question: Why is your location and the date you propose the best for the OOoCon 2005?
Your application MUST INCLUDE:
* Location (country, city, conference center/university)
* Proposed Date(s)
* Team Lead (main contact person)
* Team Members (all members should be willing and able to commit at least 3 hours per day to planning the conference during the last two weeks before OOoCon 2005)
* Local events that are taking place in parallel (or right before/after)
* Special visa or entry requirements, e.g. vaccinations
Your application COULD INCLUDE:
* Large local OpenOffice.org deployments (for user keynotes and success stories)
* Names of local OpenOffice.org developers (for developer sessions)
* Names of local OpenOffice.org vendors/partners (potential sponsors)
* Travel costs (e.g. flight costs from the following cities: London, Paris, Rome, Beijing, Sydney, New York, Hamburg, Dublin, San Francisco, South Africa, Tokyo)
* Accomodation costs (youth hostel, hotel)
According to the OOoCon 2004 attendee survey, proposed locations should meet the following requirements as much as possible (order by priority):
* attract the largest number of community contributers
* be near enough to allow a large number of Sun's OpenOffice.org
developers, who are in Hamburg, to attend
* low accomodation costs
* cheap flight and train tickets
* the conference venue is for free
* alignment with large IT event (e.g. CeBIT, Systems, Comdex)
* strong local OpenOffice.org community
* strong sponsor support
The deadline for submissions is January 23, 2005. Shortly after that date we will publish the applications at http://marketing.openoffice.org/conference/
and call for votes.
Information about the last two OpenOffice.org Conferences can be found at: