Friday, January 21, 2005

Song: One World by Mindy Simmons

This song is the first to be put out as part of the campaign. It is owned and written by Mindy Simmons. We have permission to pass along the song as part of our efforts.

Mindy is performing again in Pittsburgh on Saturday, January 29. She'll do a radio show with SLB (see below) and then a concert at 8 pm at First Unitarian in Shadyside as part of the Legends series with Caliopie. Mindy's concerts in Pittsburgh this past summer were great. She played at the Green Tree Swim Pool as part of the Rotary Community Picnic, delivered a Sunday Service concert / performance, and played at Club Cafe too.


The way I feel, well it makes me scared, When I think about what’s going on over there,
I find myself thinking of the babies, see they don’t know that the whole world is going crazy
They don’t know of their father’s anger, but they’ll soon be witness to their mother’s sorrow
And they’ll grow up in the same oppression, and we’ll find their lives reflect their brother’s aggression
One World, when will we see?


Now I can say, each and every day, I’m learning more and more about the need to pray
I find myself thinking of the families, as their whole world crumbled with the steel and concrete
Yes they well know what can come of anger, and we all are witness to their pain and sorrow
But we must grow and we must be strong, and we’ve got to find a way to right this wrong


One World, when will we see? If we will have our Peace we must accept diversity.
And we must agree to be able to disagree,
without the bombs, without the fear, without suppression of idea,
Without the greed, without the need to snuff out the tallest, or victimize the smallest,
we must foresee, One World in Unity.
One World, One World


Now If I could reach into the hearts of those who hate me and whose views are worlds apart.
Well I’d try to show my own philosophy, to be one in which each point of view is free to be.
And, they would know, of my strong conviction, that each human life has every right to freedom.
And that I’ll go to every length and no matter what it takes this world will be that vision.


One World, what can we do? If we will have our Peace it’s up to me and you.
And we must agree to be able to disagree, without the bombs, without the fear, without suppression of idea,
Without the greed, without the need to snuff out the tallest, or victimize the smallest,
we must foresee, One World in Unity.

One world,

same earth, same sky, same mountain ranges, same water supply,
same God, same love, One Love, one world, one world, one world

To listen to the song or get a copy for yourself, there are a number of ways to make this happen. The best way -- attend the benefit concert on Saturday night.

No comments: