Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Good grief and blog bye-ways

Nice PG article on the digital life and times some of us choose to lead. An online chronicle of grief Reading some of these blogs is like rubbernecking at the scene of a car accident -- it's difficult to watch but impossible to turn away.

But with their rising popularity, these journals may become the next big thing, said Amanda Lenhart, a research associate at the Pew Internet & American Life Project. During the recent presidential campaign season, political blogs were widely read as insider scoops. Online journals may serve both as ways for those going through a health crisis to talk about it and to promote awareness about various illnesses and conditions.


As I'm out and about more and more each week, I'm meeting more of the regular readers to this blog. Often it is just a passing nod to me. In a hurry tonight, one paced by me as he left the Gold Room and a County Council meeting saying, "I read your blog every day."

My reply, "Leave a comment."

I don't think so, he said. The he allowed how he's surfing from a public building. Yep. Makes sense. Keep a lid on the feedback. Thanks too for the words of encouragement and winks of appreciation.

Beautiful children too.

No comments: