Saturday, April 02, 2005

Ramblings #12 - Why Am I A Libertarian? Rambling views of The Common Libertarian:

A small snipt from a site called The Common Libertarian.Ramblings #12, elsewhere
I love this country. But this country is not the government in Washington, or in Arkansas, or in Jonesboro. This country is the people that live here, work here, no matter where they were born. All are included in the first words of the Constitution: We the people.... This document sets forth the form of government we should have. A limited, small government whose only duty is to protect my God-given rights of life, liberty, and property from infringement by others...including the government itself! This country became great and prosperous because the people worked hard with little or no government interference in a free market that allowed any single person to be rewarded for his hard labor, ingenuity, and persistence. It wasn't perfect, but it worked. Now, starting with the beginning of the 20th Century and continuing today, the government has taken powers for itself that We The People never gave it. The government run by the Demopublican duopoly is taking away our very God-given rights of which a few were enumerated in the Bill of Rights, the first 10 amendments to the Constitution (which for all intents and purposes should be considered a part of the original document). I want to see this country returned to the principles that made it great, preferably in my lifetime, but if not in mine, in the lifetime of my children. I was raised with the belief that we were put on this Earth to steward it and pass it on to our children as good as or better than when we received it from our parents. This is not happening and I want to change that.

Can I do this on my own? No, of course not. But if all of us band together with a common purpose, we become an army that can take back our country from those who have usurped the power of We The People. That is why I am a Libertarian.

No comments: