Sunday, June 19, 2005

The "NO" vote was as high as 90-percent in some neighborhoods

This is interesting if true.
New Pittsburgh Courier: In May, I had written a column urging the electorate, particularly the African-American community, to vote No on the referendum question in the primary regarding row office consolidation. I have reviewed the voting tallies. What is bold and interesting is that though the question passed by over 70 percent due to many factors, it failed consistently within the African-American communities, in some cases by over 90 percent. And the no vote was higher in working class communities than in higher income communities.

I've not done my homework, yet, in the vote specifics from May, 2005. If anyone has any insights and charts on the data, I'd be happy to get a copy via email.

No comments: