Monday, November 21, 2005

Recyle the cycle in the West End by Citiparks


This is not another photo from China!

The event was on Sunday morning. I unloaded about five bikes there.

If I'm on City Council and I'm chair of the Committee on Recreation and Youth -- we're going to hold the Recycle the Cycle program two times a year. It has been held seven times in the past 14 years.

So, is it safe to say that I'll be four times as good as what they've been doing?

The program relies upon volunteers too. A staffer or two help. But the project run with donations and good working people.
A tiny bike donation being cleaned by a big-time volunteer. That bike model is GREAT for kids. Both Erik and Grant loved it. I loved the handle, like a 'tail' that keeps us flowing around the city's less than smooth sidewalks.

No comments: