Tuesday, December 20, 2005

U.S. hockey opts for experience over potential

I hope the voters opt for both experience and potential in the race for city council. I have experience dealing with the issues of our community. And, I have the perspectives, potential and creativity to demand that we put the best possible solutions on the table.
SI.com - Writers - Michael Farber: U.S. hockey opts for experience over potential - Tuesday December 20, 2005 11:53AM Age before beauty
Veteran-laden U.S. hocey team poised to surprise
I love the Olympics. Sadly, no Penguins are on any team, so I understand. Yes?

I'll cook up some 'torch talk' services shortly. If you're interested, drop me a note.

In political circles, a friend did some check about me, for me, with some others who she has known for some time who are politically aware. She reported that all the people she talked to knew me. They all thought I was a good guy with plenty of solid ideas. But, the word was that as a Libertarian, I'd not win. I'd need to join another party.

I said, "Great! I got em right where I want em."

Perhaps the same plays true for the USA Hockey team as well. The experience factor, coupled with the lack of attention heading into Turin, could make Team USA sneaky good. American hockey teams often have done well when they were not particularly fancied (Lake Placid in '80, the silver medalists of '02)

No comments: