Saturday, March 18, 2006

varsity records at MSU and Mark Lisenby

varsity records 50 free Mark Lisenby 20.17 1990
I was just pondering a few things from my past -- and found this page showing the team record of Michigan State's men swim team. It shows Mark Lisenby's time from 1990, 20.17. He was fast. I coached him when he was a swimmer in Peoria, perhaps his 7th and 8th grade years.

MSU got bounced, I think, from the men's NCAA Basketball tournament.

But -- PEORIA's Bradley University is IN... and playing Pitt.

I was the acting head swim coach at Bradley University in the past too. Those were the days.

Bradley later dropped its swim program. The team was strong back then and full of many strong swimmers and students.

We went against Iowa, Notre Dame (and beat them and a Bradley swimmer even set a new pool record in South Bend), and other top programs from throughout the midwest.

No comments: