Friday, August 04, 2006

Swann on Diamond

The following statement was released by Republican gubernatorial candidate Lynn Swann:

"Just yesterday, Russ Diamond's campaign announced it had fallen short of the equisite number of signatures required to appear on the ballot this November as a candidate for Governor. Mr. Diamond should be commended for lighting a spark behind a grassroots movement for meaningful reform in Harrisburg and throughout state overnment. From Day One of my candidacy for Governor, I have made change and reform the centerpiece of our campaign. To those voters who supported Mr. Diamond's ampaign, I say this: as the next Governor of Pennsylvania, I will work tirelessly to make government more responsive and more accountable to the people it serves. I will continue to ask for your support as the only candidate for reform in Pennsylvania. This November, I ask that you stand with me."

No comments: