Sunday, April 08, 2007

Chicago awaiting decision on 2016 Olympics

From family - travels
I love Chicago. Because of that love, I'm not sure I want the Olympic Games to land there. I coached state record breakers in Illinois. I coached a girl who was named the best athlete of the Prarie State Games as well. Chicago is a city with broad shoulders.

Most of all, for me, Chicago is where I fell in love -- with my wife.

Stir the soul. But don't drip or spill down the drain.
SI.com - More Sports - Chicago awaiting decision on 2016 Olympics - Sunday April 8, 2007 8:32PM Architect Daniel Burnham planned the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition, and famously reminded Chicagoans: 'Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood.' His words are now part of the city's Olympic slogan: 'Chicago 2016, Stir The Soul.'

If Chicago does get the games, athletes and spectators will walk in the footsteps of fairgoers. The games would be centered on the downtown lakefront and the South Side at some of the same spots used in the 1893 exposition and the 1933-34 Century of Progress.
From Mark Rauterkus

No comments: