We are home and thankful for a wonderful trip to New Zealand. Lots of our photos are on the web. Come over on the evening of July 4 to check out the scrapbooks.
My blog, Mark Rauterkus and Running Mates, was recently named the 7th most influential political blog in Pennsylvania.
There is plenty to do. Hope our paths cross soon. Consider yourself invited to:
- Our 4th of July house party. (more)
- Water polo clinic and shoot out, July 1, 2, and 3 in the evenings. (link below)
- A new Biathlon = 5 K run and 1 K swim on July 4 (with Crafton Celebrates) (link below)
- Water polo clinics starting July 30 to August 17 (drop in any time for three weeks) (link below)
- Help with getting signatures so we can field candidates for the November 2007 general election.
- Introduction to Dr. Ron Paul, a native of Pittsburgh, and a member of US Congress who is all about peace and common sense -- and his run for the White House in 2008.
My efforts to stand for office in 2007 and get onto the ballot for multiple offices as a 'stand-in' are in full swing. But, ... we need more signatures. Some have been very encouraged at the opportunities and messages I'd bring to the campaign trails. However, hundreds of signatures on notarized forms are needed to help make this occur. http://elect.Rauterkus.com/papers/
I'll be meeting with Mark DeSantis tomorrow to talk with him about his views, campaign and community engagements in issues in the weeks to come. It takes two, or more, to tango. I'm at a cross-road. We'll have plenty to talk about, in person, by our 4th of July gathering. Arrive at 6 pm in the park to play badminton, Sarah and 12th Street. Or arrive at the house by 7 pm. More at my blog.
PDF handouts for other events I'm organizing are attached.
We're hosting a Biathlon: 5 K run + 1 K swim on July 4 in the morning. I'm leading water polo for 3 nights with Crafton Celebrates, July 1, 2, and 3 from 7:30 to 9. August features three water polo clinics, M-F, 9:30 to 11:30 am. Everyone is welcome.
Links to one-page PDFs of various events listed above: