Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Voting For My Buddies...Early Voting Observations 2007

The poll worker showed me the electronic touch panel this morning at approximately 7:05 a.m., as I wanted to make sure I made my twice annual votes mattered before trudging off to work.


Some of the choices were easy. Mark DeSantis for Mayor. Check. Mark Rauterkus for Pittsburgh Controller. Check. There may have been one judge I needed to retain, but the others were given the proverbial heave-ho on my ballot.


There were also a number of races that were uncontested: Allegheny County Chief Executive and District Attorney among them. I almost always write myself in for something and this year it was the County Council special election in my area. Of course, the winner will be a nameless, faceless Democrat who will continue to do nothing but be invisible.


I voted my friend Lou in for Allegheny County Treasurer, as I’m certain he’d be a better bean counter than the guy we currently have. I also wrote my friend Bob in as Allegheny County District Attorney.


Now I sit, listening for nuggets of information. Mayor Luke may or may not have broken the law by glad-handing inside a polling place. Former Republican Mayoral candidate Joe Weinroth says that DeSantis won his polling place, two-to-one.


The night’s still young, but two things remain certain: I will not win County Council and Ron Paul has just as much chance to be our next President.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah RON PAUL Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Sorry, I thought you just wanted the company at your blog.

Anytime I see someone denigrate RP without any substance to the argument, I figure their blog needs a hit or two.

Don't you feel better?

Thomas Leturgey said...

Just an observation. The truth does hurt.