Sunday, January 20, 2008

O-R Online

To be honest, he was NOT fired. His contract went out for applications. I hope he makes another application and gets the job back.
O-R Online I have no idea why Penn Hills High School football coach Neil Gordon, one of the most successful coaches in WPIAL history, was fired on Wednesday. But, until I hear differently, I'm going to assume that it had something to do with somebody's kid not getting enough playing time. The school board president says Gordon wasn't fired and the district superintendent says Gordon can re-apply for his job. I don't know what they're teaching the kiddies in the Penn Hills School District but if you're the Penn Hills High School football coach on Tuesday, and on Wednesday you're told that there's an opening for a head football coach at Penn Hills and you're welcome to apply for the position, you've been fired.

No comments: