Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Arash Markazi: Kobe relishes being�back in the hunt - Arash Markazi - SI.com

First, Speedo's new swim suit, the Racer LZR comes out but is called illegal as it is only in limited production and not available to all athletes. And, there is the cloud of wonder if it breaks the rules by offering some boyancy.

Now comes Kobe and his new sneaker, not yet released. It will put spring in his jump.

Oh my gosh. What will the competitors do now? Rocket packs to jet around the court?
Arash Markazi: Kobe relishes being�back in the hunt - Arash Markazi - SI.com: "If the ad for the Nike Hyperdunk seems off-the-wall, Bryant's description of the shoe, which won't be released until July, just before he wears them in the Olympics, is equally bizarre.

'I'm a Discovery Channel lunatic,' he says. 'I get a lot of inspiration from animals and sharks and how they use their natural abilities. I wanted to incorporate that into my shoe. If I get too Jedi on you, let me know, but I get into a room with the designers and I'm telling them about myself and how I play. When they come back with this shoe, it's literally a part of you, if that makes any sense whatsoever.'"
In other Olympic news -- golf does NOT need to become an Olympic sport again.

No comments: