Reasons why you should be on your local council:
1. There is a high turnover on borough councils (no-compensation job!), and most candidates run un-opposed.
2. When elected, you get to take an oath to swear to uphold the Constitution of the United States!
3. Protect private property rights through granting/denying variances. You will know what to do.
4. Protect private property by denying or getting rid of historical commissions and controlling traffic.
5. Demand your borough live within it's means. Be the tax payer's best friend.
6. Keep taxes low and spending lower. Demand reasonable contracts with utilities and contractors.
7. Witness to finance committee and pension and general fund money managers about Keynesian/Austrian economics.
8. Gain access to your PA Senator and PA House Representative. Tell them you stand for limited government and make alliances accordingly.
9. Fight for/against PA Bills that affect our freedoms.
10. Have oversight of your local police and fire unit activity.
Fulfill the mission by C4L to become a community leader.
Not for you? Attend your next local council meeting and find out what's going on.
Interested? Here is the manual for PA borough council. Read it to find out more.
Petitions start circulating on Feb 19, 2009, to get on the ballot.