Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Inside Beltway: Tinkering with pending campiagn finance law in Pittsburgh

My letter to City Councilman Bill Peduto, as a result of discussions about the pending campaign finance laws slated for Pittsburgh:

So, the mayor's office is not warm to the idea that those who enter city races with millionaire status are dealt with by a doubling of limits imposed upon others in the race. The mayor wants to NUKE all limits, it seems.

My suggestion is to increase the limits from 2-times to 3-times as a counter offer. Go to 4, 5, and 10 if you must. But, even at 5 times the limit ceiling -- it is much better than NO LIMIT AT ALL.

Finally, I'd love to see all the bills and that FAQ so they can be posted on the web, either my blog or wiki. Can you send me copies of all that apply?

No comments: