Monday, March 15, 2010

3 lawyers debunk idea to give Pittsburgh garages to pension

Thud.
3 lawyers debunk idea to give Pittsburgh garages to pension: "3 lawyers debunk idea to give Pittsburgh garages to pension"
Meanwhile, my plan, the Mark Rauterkus plan for liquidation of parking assets, is still alive. My plan is legal. My plan is workable. My plan makes sense on many fronts.

Don't give something away yet leverage the maximum value.

Don't give away ownership yet retain public control.

Sell the garages.

By the way -- I say that the city should NOT sell nor lease the on-street parking assets. Those on-street meters and public parking spaces should NOT be owned by anyone other than the city.

I have advocated a sell off of the parking garages owned by the Parking Authority.

No comments: