10/10/10 is only a couple short days away! We are thrilled that you are participating in this global initiative and want to make sure that you have all the information you need, and more importantly, a wonderful experience this Sunday!
Below are some final tips and best practices that we suggest you review
*ALL content must be shot during the 24-hour period of October 10, 2010,
* Feel free to start at 12:01 AM Sunday.
* Introduce yourself! At the beginning of your footage, state your name and
what country you are participating from: "My name is ______________ and I am
participating in One Day on Earth from _______________."
Also, please state the time of day, subject you are filming, and location.
* If asked what you are filming for, here's our suggested reply:
"I'm filming a short film for the One Day on Earth project. It is a global
participatory media project that is documenting today, 10.10.10, in every
country of the world."
* We do not condone the breaking of any laws to capture your footage.
Please follow local ordinances when choosing locations and subjects to
film. If you are asked to stop filming, or to leave, please obey the
request. Be safe, and be courteous.
* Legal forms can be found on our site at:
* Media submissions to www.onedayonearth.org open October 10, 2010 and extend
until the deadline, November 10, 2010.
* Before uploading, please review our media submission guidelines:
* Please only upload content that you have legal rights to.
* Save ALL of your high res footage and back it up.
* Still photography submissions are welcome!
* Make sure you have all your equipment (including memory cards, tapes, etc.)
and that your batteries are charged.
* If you have a tripod, please use it. It will steady your shots and allow
you to better control the movement of your camera. *If you don't have a tripod,
please find a way to keep your camera steady.*
* Please hold your shots for at least 12 seconds, meaning: if you are
shooting something, (when possible) stay on it and don't move your camera for
12 seconds -- this will help us in the edit.
* Check your white balance and exposure prior to filming to get proper color
and balance on your footage.
* If you can, appropriately adjust the sound levels on your camera.
* Label your tapes or cards and keep a written log of your shots on 10/10/10.
* Ask a friend to help you film and invite others to film as well.
And. . . Please post to your Facebook and Twitter accounts that you are part
of One Day on Earth. Let's all spread the news of our event leading up to
If you have any questions, please reply to this email and we will do our best
to get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you and have an amazing experience on 10/10/10.
One Day on Earth