Monday, April 25, 2011

Official "Right To Know" request sent to Pittsburgh Public Schools from Kenneth Miller about sports reform

An official right to know request from April 22, 2011, from Kenneth Miller to Dr. Linda Lane, Superintendent of Schools has been delivered concerning Athletic Reform efforts.

The letter requests all documentation associated with this committee, its mandate, participants and recommendations. For example:

* I want to see the budget through which this committee's work and the time committed to this committee by the chair.
* I want to see what Mark Roosevelt asked of this committee.
* I want to see the biographies and contact information for everyone who was asked to serve on this committee.
* I would like the minutes from all committee meetings.
* Finally, I am requesting the complete list of recommendations that this committee has made to the school districts administrators.

He writes he has been waiting for this information for a very long time.

"I hope you dissovle the city league immediately and send Pittsburgh Public School students all over Western Pennsylvania on buses. I am really sorry to hear that the state has cut your budget by millions, please dissolve the city league right now anyway."

My understanding from our last task force meeting (December 2010) and a few phone conversations and chance meetings in the stands at a few sports events was that the suggestions from Jake House, the hired administrator dealing with this task, would go to the PPS Board's Education Committee Meeting on May 10, 2011.

No comments: