- Plan to be there! This is probably the single most important thing you can do this week for public education. If the weather is cold, bundle up and enjoy one hour outside with your friends supporting our schools (really just one hour!). We are working on getting coffee and hot chocolate.
- Tell your friends. Over 2,200 people have received invitations from friends on our Facebook page. Consider doing the same, or send a personal note with our Rally Flyer (the best!).
- Bring signs. Have your kids make signs about what they love about their school, or what is getting cut. Tell Gov. Corbett to reverse these cuts. Use our slogan if you want: "Some cuts won't heal. Keep public education real."
- Help make banners. Sign making party at Kathy Newman's house tonight, Thursday, at 7PM. (knewman4_at_gmail.com for details).
- Contact your media friends. If you have media contacts, or want to help follow up with our media list on the alert we sent out earlier this week, please contact Sara Goodkind (sag51_at_pitt.edu).
- Invite local legislators. We need a few people to help make the final phone calls to legislators inviting them to the Rally. If you can make a couple calls, please contact Kathy Newman (knewman4_at_gmail.com).
- Hang posters. We have copies of the flyer to hang around town. Email knewman4_at_gmail.com if you can help the poster team.
- Get word to your school. Do your teachers know? Can you send a flyer home in backpack mail with students? Are there any d-lists you can use to remind parents and community members to come?
- What else can you do? Can you help? Do you have ideas? See our google planning document or contact Jessie Ramey (jessie.b.ramey_at_gmail.com)