Thursday, April 09, 1992

Another fruitless letter, this time to RMC

Mark Rauterkus

Sports Support Syndicate, Inc.

108 South 12th Street

Pittsburgh, PA 15203



Orders: 1-800-869-0758

Business Phone: 412-481-2497

FAX #: 412-481-2540


April 9, 1992

Robert Morris College

Department of Athletics

Coraopolis, PA 15108


412-262-8302


Dear Dr. Bob McBee,


Have you ever considered picking-up Men and/or Women Swimming as a NCAA Varsity Sport?


Have you ever considered NCAA Water Polo?


I understand from a recent visit to the college that the pool at the college is under-utilized to a great extent. With you facility, we could easily put some programs in there that would generate profits of $5,000 to $25,000 per year, if you are interested.


Furthermore, have you ever considered using the pool for you athletes jump training and off season conditioning?


Finally, I have one other idea that I’d like to share with you, and that is the starting of the Robert Morris Press. Many colleges and universities have university based academic press operations. With my young, independent, publishing business, I have many ways in which I could interact with your athletic department and form a sports publishing business and host many special events, for the sake of building a new source of revenue and positive public relations—especially to high school athletes.


If you are interested in getting together someday, perhaps over an informal lunch date, please call me. I have plenty of questions. Then I

would be most willing to submit a more formal business plan regarding my ideas.


I’m sending you a copy of my professional, swim coaching resume and a copy of two new book covers, plus a company catalog.


I look forward to hearing from you soon.


Thanks.


Sincerely Yours,




SPORTS SUPPORT SYNDICATE, INC.

Mark Rauterkus, President

No comments: