Thursday, July 16, 1992

Support? To Plum

July 16, 1992


Plum School District

Athletic Committee

School Board Members

& Friends of Fitness, Literacy and Enrichment


Dear Friends of Swimming and Sports,


Here is a draft of the proposal I am making to the Plum School District Board. I understand that this short report could cause lots of questions, but I am ready to answer and explore everyone’s concerns.


For example, the Superintendent asked if this would put a team in direct competition with the PAYS team, and I said “No.” I’m working with PAYS now, and I have a series of solutions that will allow that program to grow and have other groups active too. These answers take a couple of minutes to detail, but I’m prepared to share them if needed.


At this time, I could use everyone’s assistance in keeping our minds open to these “more progressive” ideas, and getting things started this fall. With the Olympics this summer, a great demand and opportunity will be present, and I’d rather start now—but these ideas are not perishable either.


Please call me if you have a suggestion or question. I am hopeful that you’ll agree that Plum could benefit from more Aquatic’s programing. Furthermore, I’m grateful for any assistance that you might be able to offer in getting these ideas out of the realm of theory and into reality.


Sincerely yours,


Mark Rauterkus

President, Sports Support Syndicate

Plum High School’s Head Swim Coach

No comments: