Friday, April 05, 2013

Fwd: [wplug-announce] Pittsburgh Geek Bowl + Google Glass

If I was in town, I'd go and meet Justin on this evening of fun.

Mark R.


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <Justin@js-wordsmith.com>

Has compiling code on Saturday nights lost its luster? Why not get to know the technology groups in Pittsburgh instead? The Western PA Linux Users group invites you to join us on Saturday, April 20 at our first-ever Pittsburgh Geek Bowl for a night of bowling, beer, and brotherhood!

And if you're not keen on bowling, how about a preview of Google Glass? Yours truly, Justin Smith, was among the 8,000 individuals who received an invitation to Project Glass to shape the future of wearable computing. http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Google-Glass-Explorer-augmented-reality-contest-8000,21721.html

I'll be talking about my winning proposal: "#ifihadglass I'd become a reporter for a next-generation netcast where I attend technology events, broadcasting what I see and who I interview over Google+ Hangouts, all while a team of remote commentators in the Hangout deliver feedback and analysis."

I want to show everyone what Pittsburgh's technology community has to offer. I can't do it alone, though; I'll need your help. Want to learn more? Want to help out? Come on over! I'll answer any questions about Glass as best I can, but keep in mind that I don't actually have it yet.

Head over to Eventbrite for more information and to register: http://wplug.eventbrite.com/

Justin Smith
Vice chair/secretary, WPLUG Board of Directors
http://www.js-wordsmith.com


No comments: