Saturday, August 12, 2006

Who is counting votes N@

Jeff M. Brindle, candidate in the November 2006 general election for PA House in another part of the state reported on an email list this interesting fact from the spring primary, 2006.
The Chester County Department of Voter Services lists a total of 143 Democratic write-ins and 272 Republican write-ins for Representative in the General Assembly in the 26th District. The Pennsylvania Department of State on the other hand certified that there were 0 write-ins by Democrats and 0 write-ins by Republicans. You gota love our democracy where very vote counts.

I don't know how many were for Tom Powell (whom based on the yard signs I saw outside the polling place I was at tried a write-in campaign) and myself whom also encouraged voters to write my name in. Guess we never will...

No comments: