Eastside Neighborhood Employment Center 5321 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15224 Office 412-441-9833
SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: email@example.com
Employment Coordinator (5321 Penn Avenue)
Employment type: full-time (non-profit organization)
Organization: Eastside Neighborhood Employment Center (ENEC)
Employment Status: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 -- $34,000 with benefits based on education and experience
The Employment Coordinator must be a highly motivated, independent person who has a passion for community engagement and the expertise to effectively perform this multi-faceted position. This position demands someone with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining organization and open communication with staff and the community.
A few areas of emphasis are* Youth ages 14 to 21
* Youth aging out of the foster care system
* Community members with criminal backgrounds
* Chronically unemployed individuals
1. Oversees the implementation of the Eastside Neighborhood Employment Center's programs and related computer lab activities.
2. Develops relationships with employers and community members to create employment opportunities for residents.
3. Provides employment counseling services to a targeted group of clients and tracks corresponding case notes.
4. Develop a weekly and monthly schedule of employer events and markets these events to the ENEC's client base.
5. Manages the staffing schedule to ensure that the center is open during scheduled program hours.
6. Supervises interns and volunteers--including volunteer recruitment and scheduling.
7. Manages the orientation of volunteers.
8. Advertises ENEC's services to local neighborhood residents.
9. Works with staff to ensure laptops and other technology is functioning properly.
10. Ensures the cleanliness and security of the ENEC.
11. Monitor participant enrollment and participation rates and works with staff to take appropriate corrective actions when necessary. Accountable to the accomplishment of client grant outcomes.
12. Implements and monitors mechanisms for tracking all program outcome data.
13. Develop program and funder reports.
* A Bachelor's degree or at least 3 years of program experience
* Criminal, Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprint Clearances
* A valid PA driver's license and functioning vehicle
* Computer Skills: proficient in Microsoft office and database management
* Work experience with community groups and urban youth preferred
The incumbent generally performs the duties of the position at a computer lab location or in the surrounding community. He/she will have extensive direct contact with clients. Extensive communication and relationship building with employers and other agencies is necessary. The position involves automobile transportation use. The position involves working with highly confidential information. The work schedule will require flexibility with evening and weekend hours.