Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Fwd: Steel City Squash



---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Peter Margittai <peter@margittai.com>
Date: Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 10:43 AM
Subject: Steel City Squash
To: Peter Margittai <peter@margittai.com>


Will you support me?

On April 29th, I am playing in the Steel City Cup, and hope that you will sponsor me!  This squash tournament raises funds for Steel City Squash (SCS), a terrific nonprofit that helps kids from Pittsburgh's underserved neighborhoods by teaching them how to play squash and providing them with mentoring and education opportunities.

You may know that I LOVE to play squash and I LOVE living in the City of Pittsburgh.  I now serve on the Board of Directors for Steel City Squash because I have witnessed, first hand, how this organization changes kids' lives.

One young man, who I met years ago through my son's South Pittsburgh hilltop baseball team, participated in SCS's programs during middle and high school. He earned many opportunities, both academic and athletic - traveling across the country playing in squash tournaments – all provided by Steel City Squash. Ultimately, he received a prestigious scholarship that is paying for his college tuition, and he is acing it in college!

Please help in my drive to support Steel City Squash and the kids they serve.  My team, the "Boast Busters" earns extra points based on the number of individual donations we receive – no matter the amount – a stroke of genius!

I hope you will rally and consider supporting my team for any amount - $5, $50, $1000 – so we are a smashing success!  You can score more info about my team by going to:


Thank you so much!

Peter Margittai, Board Member
Steel City Squash

* I also LOVE "DAD JOKES," particularly ones using squash terms!

P.S. Why did Peter, the avid squash player, join the fundraiser for Steel City Squash?  Because he wanted to raise a racket!

--

--
Ta.
 
 
Mark Rauterkus       Mark@Rauterkus.com 
Webmaster, International Swim Coaches Association, SwimISCA.org
Executive Director of SKWIM USA, a 501(c)(3), SKWIM.us
Coach at The Ellis School for Varsity & Middle School Swimming
Pittsburgh Combined Water Polo Team & Renegades (Masters) 
Sports Complex Director & Coach at Montour Heights Country Club

412 298 3432 = cell

No comments: