Tuesday, November 17, 2009

IB High

I'm a big fan of this school -- still without a name, still alive in the wake of Schenley High School's phase out. It has been called I.B. High, I.B. World, Frickenstein, Scheleystein, Pittsburgh I.B. 6-10 plus Pittsburgh Schenley 11-12, and a few others as well. Regardless of what you call it, it is moving to become a boutique high school, grades 6-12, with a focus on I.B. through and throughh.

I like to say that I.B. is a different brand than A.P. Some say in AP they teach you the facts and expect you to tell them back on tests. Meanwhile, in I.B., there is more critical thinking. Tell them what you know to be true and why you know it is true.

A few weeks ago, on October 26, 2009, this presentation unfolded. Some of the content can be lifted into some highlights. But, there is some post production to do yet.

Speakers' line up includes (not in order in these videos, however):

Joseph Ehman, teacher
Deborah Eutsler, teacher
Oscar Huber, teacher & IBDP Coordinator
Walter Moser, teacher
Wendi Obritz, teacher
Karen Price, teacher
Randy Smookler, teacher
Emily Wilson, teacher
Marta Wilkin, librarian,
Pamela Barentine, parent
Dr. Leslie Thyberg, parent
Judith Leonardi, parent
Erin Rossiter, alumnus
Lidija Barbaric, alumnus
John T, parent.




IB slide show:





No comments: