Friday, March 02, 2012

Fwd: The Image of Black Women- Documentary Premiere

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bee McBryde <mcbryde3@gmail.com>

As many of you may or may not know, I have a self-written and produced
documentary titled The Image of Black Women premiering 6pm Saturday,
March 17th at The August Wilson Center and I'd like to personally
invite you. When I look back at my life despite the adversity of my
youth there are so many people who inspired or encouraged me along the
way-those are the people who made this project possible, because
without finding my voice I could not use it for this. The Image of
Black Women seeks to enhance the diversity dialogue by dismantling
many of these attributes we see exaggerated and projected as reality
by the media. Please enjoy this sneak peek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWiVik--GNk&feature=youtu.be



The screening will begin at 6p followed by live performance and a
cocktail reception where I'll debut my next project, and engage the
audience in discussing these ideas and other initiatives. I hope all
of you can join me for this great event, but if you can't make it
please tell someone and then tell them to tell someone. This is a film
and a message I feel very passionate about getting out so if you can
tell your church group, reading club, student organization, etc. I'd
appreciate it. Again I hope you, and your friends can make the
premiere Saturday, March 17th at 6p and for more information please
visit www.TheImageofBlackWomen.com
Thank you!
Brittany

No comments: