From: "PA Governor's Office" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Jan 6, 2013 3:22 PM
Subject: Standing up for Pennsylvania
Standing up for Pennsylvania
Surrounded by Penn State alumni and local business owners, Governor Tom Corbett this week announced that Pennsylvania is suing the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) for its sanctions against Penn State University. This historic lawsuit is already being branded "the right call" by Gil Spencer of the Delaware County Daily Times.
Here are five things you need to know:
1. The lawsuit was brought by the Governor on behalf of all the citizens of Pennsylvania, and asserts that the sanctions, unlawfully leveled by the NCAA, will have irreparable effect to the economy of all of Pennsylvania in addition to Centre County.
2. The suit asserts that the NCAA overstepped their authority by weighing in on the Jerry Sandusky scandal. The crimes perpetrated by Jerry Sandusky and three other administration officials are a criminal matter and are, and should, be handled by the court system.
3. The suit asserts that the NCAA did not follow their own due process rules when evaluating and handing down these sanctions. The normal review processes were ignored and a small group of members made the sanction decisions.
4. The choice given Penn State wasn't a choice at all. The University had to either accept the sanctions or face the harshest punishment available, a total football blackout, otherwise known as "the death penalty."
5. The Governor will encourage the Penn State Board of Trustees to keep its commitment of $60 million to help victims of sexual abuse, but to keep that funding in Pennsylvania as opposed to the NCAA who would have it leave the fine leave our commonwealth.
Prefer a visual? Click to the right to see video and pictures from yesterday's press conference.
You are subscribed and received this message because you, or someone on your behalf, signed you up for this newsletter. If you feel you have received this message in error, please click here to unsubscribe. To ensure our messages are delivered properly to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), add email@example.com to your Address Book or Safe List. This email was sent from an account that is not monitored. Please do not reply.