Friday, June 08, 2018

Fwd: Kiya Summer 2018



---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Kiya Heartwood <noreply@sitezoogle.com>
Date: Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 11:53 AM
Subject: Kiya Summer 2018
To: <mark@rauterkus.com>


Hey Friends,

 I'm sitting on a hill in Oneonta, New York enjoying the view and patting my friend's dogs. Good summer fun. So far this summer has been amazing. This leg of the tour started in Winston-Salem where I played a concert and did special music for their youth bridging. I met a lot of new friends, saw some SUUSI folks. It was great and motivating. Then I headed to Raleigh where I picked up Meg and we saw our friends, Nan and Sam who have retired to Durham. I celebrated my birthday with our oldest, Dr. Sam and his amazing wife Emily and our two grandkids, Piper and Hollis. Every Sunday between now and mid- September I get to sing or preach or both at different UU churches across the country. This is helping me pay for seminary. I made it through the first half and go back to class in August. I got a partial scholarship to Starr King for next year but the rest I have to raise myself. The big news is I will be performing at UU General Assembly in Kansas City during four services over the five days. I co-wrote the theme song for the entire conference with Rev. Kimberley Debus. The song is called, All are Called. I also get to sing my song Hold On at the closing worship. Cool huh? I love seminary so far and I am grateful for everyone's help and good wishes. I am working hard. I am very relieved that playing music and writing songs is so integral to my ministry. The People's Orchestra 's summer session starts July 1st.

I hope your summer is shaping up and I hope to see you at a concert or service near you.

Cheers,

Kiya

 

Kiya Heartwood Concert and Dinner

Sat, Jun 9 @ 7:00PM

Amy and Jonathan's, Oneonta, NY

Put "An evening with Kiya Heartwood: dinner and a house concert. $25. Call 607-432-2451 or email amycrousepowers@gmail.com for reservations."

 

Kiya Heartwood as Special Music

Sun, Jun 10 @ 10:30AM

Unitarian Universalist Society of Oneonta, 12 Ford Ave, Oneonta, NY

 

Kiya Heartwood House Concert

Thu, Jun 14 @ 7:00PM

Mark and Catherine's, 108 South 12th Street, South Side , Pittsburgh, Pa

Catherine & Mark's House Concert, 108 South 12th Street, South Side, Pittsburgh, PA 15203-1226
PH 412-298-3432. $15 Suggested Doors open at 6:30 pm

Coffeehouse Benefit for West Shore Justice Ministry

Sat, Jun 16 @ 7:30PM

West Shore U U, Cleveland, OH

$15.00

Kiya Heartwood

Sun, Jun 17 @ 10:00AM

West Shore UU, Cleveland, OH

Preaching and Singing

SHARE

View on Google Maps

 

Kiya Heartwood House Concert

Mon, Jun 18 @ 7:00PM

Jan Belluchi's, West Des Moines, IA

Contact Jan for directions and to reserve your seat. PH: email: jbelluchi59@gmail.com

$15-25 Sliding scale suggested

 

Kiya Heartwood at UU General Assembly

Wed, Jun 20 — Sun, Jun 24

Kansas City, MO

I will be part of the music at the opening worship Weds.,Fri. morning, Sat. morning worship and the closing worship on Sunday. Hope to see you there!

 

Texas Women's Music Festival

Sat, Jun 30 @ 7:00PM

First UU Church of Austin, 4700 Grover Ave., Austin, TX $20

 

Kiya Heartwood

Sun, Jul 1 @ 10:00AM

Live Oak UU, Austin, TX

Preaching/Singing

Sun, Jul 8 @ 10 am

Live Oak UU Austin, TX

SUUSI

Sun, Jul 15 — Sat, Jul 21

Western Carolina University, five miles south of Sylva on NC Route 107, Cullowhee, NC

Music and workshops at the Southeast Unitarian Universalist Summer Institute

 

Kiya Heartwood Preaching and Singing

Sun, Jul 22 @ 10:00AM

Corpus Christi UU, Corpus Christi, TX

 

Kiya Heartwood

Sun, Jul 29 @ 10:00AM

First UU Church of Houston, Houston, TX

Preaching/Singing

 

Kiya Heartwood in Concert

Sat, Aug 4 @ 7:00PM

Amarillo Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, 4901 Cornell Street, Amarillo, TX

 

Kiya Heartwood Preaching and Singing

Sun, Aug 5 @ 9:00AM

Amarillo Unitarian Fellowship, 4901 Cornell Street, Amarillo, TX

 

Meg Barnhouse and Kiya Heartwood

All Souls UU

Colorado Springs, CO

 

August 19

Meg Barnhouse and Kiya Heartwood

U.U. Palo Alto

Palo Alto, CA

 

Sept 2

Kiya Heartwood Preach and Sing

UU Fresno, CA

 

Sept 8

Kiya Heartwood UU Davis Choir Retreat

Wed, Sept 8 @ 12:00PM

UU Davis,, Davis, Ca

 

Sept 9

Kiya Heartwood Special Music

UU Davis

Davis, CA​​​

To download the track "Hold On" for free, go to https://kiyaheartwood.com/dl and enter the code 84xu-sshh
unsubscribe
--
--
Ta.


Mark Rauterkus       Mark.Rauterkus@gmail.com
Swimming and Water Polo Coach, Schenley High School, Pittsburgh, PA
http://CLOH.wikia.com
412 298 3432 = cell

No comments: