Monday, May 02, 2011

Puppet request from Cheryl

I have a fun opportunity for you and your students to participate in a giant puppet pageant at Three Rivers Arts Festival on Sunday, June 5. I have funding to do free workshops all over the region for anyone that would like to get involved. I know it is late in the year and a crazy time for everyone, but if you are interested let me know right away

I also need older kids to wear giant puppets.
--Cheryl

I will provide:

* One free workshop at your school or other community location (small groups are fine--a scout troop, an art club, etc.)
* All materials and instruction will be provided.
* I will transport all of the puppets created in the workshop to the event
* You can pick from two different workshops:
o Things that Bloom (participants will paint giant paper umbrellas to turn them into beautiful flowers)
o Things that Fly (participants will build flying bugs and birds that will be carried on tall bamboo rod.)

You would need to:

* Provide a location for the workshop sometime in May
* Promote the workshop to your community (I'll provide a simple flyer for you to customize)
* Lead your group at two performances at Three Rivers Arts Festival on Sunday, June 5 between noon and 4 pm.
* Attend one of the two rehearsals (just you) so you can direct your group-you can pick which rehearsal works for you:
o Saturday, May 21 at my studio from 1 to 4 or
o Sunday, June 5 at Point State Park at 9 am

I am also doing a ton of free workshops here at my studio. If you can't host a workshop but would like to get involved or have individual students that might like to participate you are welcome to share this information:

Sunday, May 8 Workshop (all ages) 1 to 4
Tuesday, May 10 Workshop (adults) 1 to 4
Friday, May 13 Workshop (adults) 1 to 4
Tuesday, May 17 Workshop (adults) 1 to 4
Saturday, May 21 Rehearsal (all ages)l 1 to 5
Sunday, May 22 Workshop (all ages) 1 to 4
Monday, May 23 Workshop (adults) 1 to 4
Thursday, June 2 Workshop (adults) 1 to 4
Friday, June 3 Workshop (adults) 1 to 4
Saturday, June 4 Finishing touches (all ages) 1 to 4
Sunday, June 5 Rehearsal 9 am
Sunday, June 5 Performance around noon
Sunday, June 5 Performance around 4


Contact her directly at cheryl -at- studiocapezzuti -dot- com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark,


My name is Barbara O’Brien and I am a political blogger. Just had a question about your blog and couldn’t find an email—please get back to me as soon as you can (barbaraobrien(at)maacenter.org)

Thanks,
Barbara