Thursday, April 12, 2018

Fwd: I'm doing this for my daughter.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Geno Tucker

Hey:
I don't think we've met. My name's Geno, and I'm a volunteer with the People's Justice Project, the Ohio Organizing Collaborative's partner in Columbus. I've been spending all my free time collecting signatures for our statewide ballot initiative so my daughter won't face the same injustices we face today.


There are opportunities to get involved all over Ohio, and with less than 90 days til our deadline, we need all the help we can get.

Growing up, I lived with my grandma in Linden, a neighborhood on the north side that has suffered years of neglect and disinvestment. Without programs or community centers in the neighborhood, I started getting into trouble. Two years ago, things changed. My nephew, Henry Green, was killed by the Columbus police, which led to big protests around the city.

I realized how all these problems in our neighborhoods are connected and what we're up against. But what we have is power in our numbers. The criminal justice system is a cycle that keeps people down - and I hate that it took me so long to realize it.


Geno Tucker



No comments: