Sunday, February 12, 2006

Out of the sound proof booth....

The League of Young Voters and a bunch of other "progressive" organizations, with the help of City Councilman Bill Peduto, hosted a meeting today at Club Cafe, on 12th Street, on the South Side.

The opening speaker was Congressman Doyle. He gave a general view of matters from his perspective in D.C. He welcomes the challengers to his seat in the months to come, both within his party and from elsewhere.

The rules were such that candidates were not allowed to listen to the other candidates. So, I slipped home for a moment to see the wife and kids. My wife said, "I'm so happy to know that you all (the candidates) are working in a vacume and not able to share good ideas."

In case anyone cares, I'm running for PUBLIC OFFICE. And, I'm a voter in the district too. And, the worst thing we can do is run campaigns that are insulated to the rest of the field and world.

I want to know what the others in the race are saying, not JUST so I can blog about it. But because I want to unravel the falsehoods quickly. And, should I not win the seat, I want to make sure that what gets said does not get forgotten for the future.

False promises are everywhere when candidates are hungry for election wins -- with the other guys.

My replies to the ten questions are on the Platform.For-Pgh.org.

I'll try to get my exact words to be posted shortly, as I made a tape of myself.

1 comment:

Mark Rauterkus said...

I'm not sure, not 100% sure. I don't know simply because I had to go back into the juvenile sound proof booth. Really, I just had to leave.

And, they've not contacted me with any outcomes.

Kraus went to City Council and told members of Council to BUTT OUT. I went to the council members and said, ENGAGE.

If Peduto has any big-vision thing with regionalism -- and he backs Kraus, his judgement needs to be questioned. Kraus is a very big local do-gooder. Kraus is un regional to the Nth degree.