Saturday, November 20, 2010

For Cullen Jones, golden chance to teach swimming - WSJ.com

For Cullen Jones, golden chance to teach swimming - WSJ.com

Cullen Jones was about to race in his biggest meet of the year when he heard that six teenagers had drowned in Shreveport, La.

Just over three months later, the Olympic gold medalist went to the city last week to give swim lessons.

"It was so big for me being in Shreveport after something like that had happened," Jones said Thursday.

This is why he spends months traveling the country even as he trains to get back on that podium at the 2012 Olympics. Jones has visited 12 cities in two years as part of USA Swimming's "Make a Splash" program to prevent drowning by minority children.

1 comment:

MAC Cosmetics Outlet said...

I think this is a great post. One thing that I find the most helpful is number five. Sometimes when I write, I just let the flow of the words and information come out so much that I loose the purpose. It’s only after editing when I realize what I’ve done. There’s defiantly a lot of great tips here I’m going to try to be more aware of.