Ueberroth goes on offensive in IOC money dispute - Olympics - Yahoo! Sports: "“Who pays the bill for the world Olympic movement?” Ueberroth said Saturday in his final speech as USOC chairman. “Make no mistake about it. Starting in 1988, U.S. corporations have paid 60 percent of all the money, period. Be sure you all understand that. The rest of the world pays 40 percent. It’s pretty simple math.”
It was Ueberroth’s first extensive response to comments made by European IOC members Denis Oswald and Hein Verbruggen, who said earlier this year that the amount of money the USOC received was not morally acceptable and called for the revenue-sharing deal to be revisited.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Simple math isn't simple when you deploy a pie chart merged with a round globe. Real world math, real world sports, UN style bills, and pocketbook sportsmanship. Humm.