Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Who needs a bowling league to make friends when there's the Web? - USATODAY.com

Fess up. Who is the singer in Pittsburgh?
Who needs a bowling league to make friends when there's the Web? - USATODAY.com At SpliceMusic.com, they call this 'rich media networking.' Splice offers online music recording and mixing. A singer in Pittsburgh, a guitarist in Saskatoon and a drummer in Swaziland could work together on Splice to record a song. To facilitate that, Splice built in ways for like-minded people to find each other and build relationships around creating music.

'We see that as a sticky and addictive form of interaction,' says Splice's Thomas Hutcheson.
Stickey, no less.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark,

My name is Cathasaigh. I'm a musician (roots revival singer-songwriter: 12 and 6 string guitar and digital piano). My family and I have come to see Amy Carol Webb and Joe Jencks perform (and had a great time, too).

I've got a favor to ask of you. If there's going to be a holiday office party where you or any of your friends or family members work, I'm looking for opportunities to play in November and December--especially holiday-themed shows.

Also, if your Church has a group of any sort (youth group, Christian womens group, single moms group, young singles group, young married group--whatever!), I'd love to share my Christmas music with them. Or the whole Church!

It would be awesome if you could please forward me the name and contact information of the person I should contact about it--and give them my name, email address and website, too. I have clips of my music available on my website, http://www.cathasaigh.com/unreleased.php for my original music or www.cathasaigh.com/seeking.php for my Christmas set.

Last but not least, a whole bunch of people who have seen me perform lately keep telling me I would be perfect for house concerts. If you or anyone you know is interested, I'd love to come out and perform at any time during the year.

Thanks so much!!

Peace,
Cathasaigh (phone snipped by blogmaster)
www.cathasaigh.com