Thursday, November 01, 2007

DeSantis had one great answer and didn't do much with the coaching I served up

DeSantis gave one excellent answer in the debate at QED. He hit that one out of the park. Take a guess as to what I think was his best answer from any debate so far.

Sadly, four or five other times I was just begging for a better replies.

Then he goes and mentions Lamb. Jeepers. Who is the mayor candidate that Michael Lamb, D, endorses?

Then comes this answer, from my dreams.

Q: How can you, Mark DeSantis, work with others in city government who are all Dems?

DeSantis could have given this reply. It is one I dream about:
The voters are going to put new faces on city council. Patrick Dowd is a Dem, but has a Ph.D., like me. We'll get along well. Mr. Dowd is running without opposition. Furthermore, I look forward to working with and I strongly endorse: David Adams, city council district 9; Dave Schuilenburg, district 1; and Libertarian, Mark Rauterkus, district 3. Those gentleman can present four new faces to city council. The last three have mounted serious challenges to the entrenched D-party mindset.

This is a new day.

As I get elected mayor, I can be joined in city hall with a Libertarian and two Independents who are headed to city council. This year is a big year for change for Grant Street and city government. All are capable with great perspectives. Those other seats are being filled with four-year terms. Voters should not make the same mistakes again by always electing Democrats and always falling back into the same ruts.

2 comments:

Thomas Leturgey said...

You've completely flipped my friend.

All I can say is WOW.

Anonymous said...

Mark, You should make a DVD about this. And another. And another....