Friday, October 16, 2009

First Mayor Debate on Saturday at Noon

The debate is on the TV on Saturday at noon. Must be in tv studio today. A three way with Kevin, Dok and Luke.

I wonder, if the debates will matter to the Pittsburgh voters?

I will try to live blog them.

Anticipation..... Or, Apathy...

I often hold that the excercise of a candidate debate is much more than about winning a vote or two from the small percentage of undecided voters. Really, this is about policy promises, about cred, about watchdogs and finally, about public process.

Most of all, shame on WQED, Pittsburgh's public TV outlet. That outfit is unfit and its charter calls upon candidate debates as part of its mix for operations. Nothing. QED is one of the larges drags of the region.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vote for the best of three.
Kevin Acklin
Pittsburgh needs a change.

Anonymous said...

Or, is the debate on at 1 pm?

I've heard both.

Bram Reichbaum said...

The debate's at 12. Sorry for the misinformation on my blog earlier today.

It's also here:

http://kdka.com/video/?id=63992@kdka.dayport.com

Mark Rauterkus said...

I watched it all tonight.

Worthy of a view for sure. 1 hour.