Saturday, March 03, 2007

Pittsburgh Comet's retraction of a historical fact

From texture - misc.
The Pittsburgh Comet Bill Peduto's Blog: Sucks

Councilman Bill Peduto is the first major party candidate for mayor in Pittsburgh's history to have launched a weblog.
Not really.

I think it is fair to say that Peduto's blog is lacking. The Luke Ravenstahl site isn't even worth the recycled electrons to complain about.

It also sucks to re-write history with information that isn't accurate.

I don't need to my name inserted into the Comet's blog as the first major party candidate for mayor in Pittsburgh to have a weblog. However, Bill's name should NOT get those honors of being first, even though it sucks.

Update 1:

B.R. of the Comet wrote to me via email on Friday afternoon, after I informed him of the facts:
That is different. I will make an immediate correction to the article, and I will run a full, separate correction after the weekend.
Good.

Update 2:
The Comet blog has been updated, thankfully.

Councilman Bill Peduto is the first major party mayoral candidate to have launched a weblog in a while. (Rauterkus & Carmine both had blogs as Republicans in 2001).
This thread was first published on 3-2-07 at 1:03 pm.

3 comments:

Mark Rauterkus said...

A cry me a river comment from a faceless poster might get this response, if the commet blog allowed:

The river flows downhill. Some seem to see otherwise.

My lone tear joins with the history of others who have cried in the past and present. And our rivers flow high in these parts these days.

Bram Reichbaum said...

Mark,

In response to your initial objection, I added the clause "major party." The statement was certainly incorrect without it, and I apologize.

However, I believe "first major party candidate" is factually correct. The fact that the Democratic and Republican parties are the two "major parties" is a sad, sorry fact of life, but there it is.

I would support a PA constitutional convention, in part for the opportunity to have proportional ballot representation (1st choice, 2nd choices) determine the legislature, et cetera.

Mark Rauterkus said...

B,

I was a REPUBLICAN when I ran for mayor in 2001. My internet site began in August 2000. I became a R then.

The election was in May 2001. It was a primary.