Monday, February 18, 2008

Tom Kawczynski pulled out of a race for R nomination for PA House

Tom Kawczynski posted to a public email list this notice. He had been working to get onto the ballot for the Rs in a state house race. Tom lives in Bellvue. He had also been a key organizer for the Ron Paul MeetUps.
Hey Everyone,

Since some of you didn't know, I just wanted to confirm that I am dropping out of my state legislature race. Although I very much wanted to run, and was very grateful that the support so many of you gave, there were circumstances beyond my control that forced me to withdraw. If I had a choice, I would have continued my run, but that did not seem feasible.

I believe now as I ever have that it is important that all of us stay involved, howsoever we choose, to spread the important ideas that this campaign has illuminated. People want to hear about liberty and limited government. I spent a great many hours out there talking to people, house by house, door by door, and they accepted this message. It transcends parties and policies.

For the same reasons that I'm withdrawing from this race, I'm going to be taking a much lower profile. Rest assured this is not because of any change in my ideas, but driven by a new dedication and focus in creating a situation for myself where I am more able to facilitate the changes I believe are so necessary. We all need to get smarter in how we act, and myself more than anyone.

I just wanted to say thanks to those who helped. I'd like to especially thank Scot, Jay, Lionel, Dave P., and Sara. I couldn't ask for better people or better friends. Value the people you meet here. They're a special bunch, and together, we're the best hope for the future.

Yours,
Tom
I don't know if Tom will stay on the Libertarian Party board or not.

No comments: