Monday, April 19, 2010

Christina Kim details LPGA tour life in new book Swinging From My Heels - Tours & News - Golf.com

Christina Kim details LPGA tour life in new book Swinging From My Heels - Tours & News - Golf.com: "In her new book Swinging From My Heels, Christina Kim dishes on life, love and the L-word on the LPGA tour"

quote:


When I was 11, my dad turned up with a funny-looking metal stick with a bulbous end. Marching me to the backyard he threw down a strip of Astroturf and grunted, "Here, swing hard as you can." I did, and it was kind of fun. Then he told me to do it 499 more times. This was my introduction to a golf club, and the golf swing. Being a dutiful Korean daughter I never thought to question my dad, and every day after school I would spend two hours making the required 500 swings, as would my older brother Mel and older sister Gloria. After a month of this tedium Dad finally took us to a driving range so we could hit actual golf balls and watch them fly. It was like the clouds parted and the angels were singing and I finally understood there was a point to all of this.

Read more: http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1982913,00.html#ixzz0lZZVv7Fo

No comments: