Monday, October 08, 2007

Tom jumps ship from MeetUp coordinator to Ron Paul's Pennsylvania Organizer

Way to go Tom! I'm with you! I'm with Ron Paul, too. You go. Go, go, go!

There is going to be a big rally in Philly, with 5,000 or more, on the Saturday after the Tuesday election.
Dear Members,

It has been an exciting five months since we began our effort here in Pittsburgh. I remember our very first meeting, when there were only eight or so of us sitting around talking about why we liked this guy, Ron Paul. It seems so long ago, as we've accomplished so much and come so far. I want to say how proud I have been of all the things our group has accomplished, and what faith I have in what all of you will be able to do.

This is a campaign that requires belief and faith in ourselves and one another. No one ever gave us a chance, but we continue to grow and become more influential. As part of that growth, the campaign has made the decision to come into Pennsylvania, and we're going to begin doing operations here. They have asked me to serve as State Coordinator, and beginning tomorrow, October 9th, I will do just that.

Because of this, I have to tender my resignation as organizer for Western PA, and for the various groups that I lead. I have faith that the grassroots effort will continue to do very well, and you can also rest assured you will be hearing even more from me, but I won't be able to plan the events anymore. Steve has already stepped up for the Meetup Group. Nick will be handling Allegheny County. And we're working on the state group.

I just want you to know it has been some of the most fun I've had in my life leading this group and meeting such great people. Now, the challenges are different, but I'm going to be asking more of everyone, but only what you can give. The campaign is coming in here because they want to win, and believe they can do so. I wouldn't have taken this position had I believed otherwise.

I want to thank you all for what you have given, for what this has meant, and for what is yet to come. Better days are coming, for all of us, and for America.

Yours,
Tom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

John K. says: So Ron Paul people jumped the Power to the People bus in San Antonio and put Ron Paul stickers all over the bus. If I park my car near some Ron Paul people will they do that to my car? Seems to be a cheap way to get attention, destroying other people's property.

Mark Rauterkus said...

I agree that it is bad to destroy and damage other people's property.

Let me know if that happens to you and your car.

In the meantime, this is a great example of why you should go away from this blog -- so as to not destroy other people's property.

It is my blog and you're comments are nothing but cheap attention grabs -- like that of a flasher. They are generally off topic and out of place.

Perhaps you should troll for a blog in San Antonio and find out where that is being talked about.