Thursday, May 12, 2005

Email blast to 412 list: Final days before the May 17 election

Hi All,

Tuesday, May 17, 2005, is election day. It's a DUAL election, and I'm a candidate in the special election for PA Senate. Every registered voter (in the 42nd), regardless of party affiliation, can go to the polls and vote for me. The winner of this one-time, special election gets to be a state senator for 19 months. This is NO PRIMARY. Rather, May 17 presents a general election to fill an unexpired term.

In addition, two ballot questions (one is row-office reform and the second is on growing greener) give YES or NO choices for everyone to vote upon. Vote in the special election for state senate -- and -- vote for these ballot questions too.

The Post-Gazette's voters guide was published on Monday.

The Pgh City Paper printed an article and photo of me. See page 10 and 12.

HELP: We printed 40,000 fliers (black & white, positive) five days ago. More are still on hand in the office. We've been passing out the fliers around the district and downtown corners (also part of the district).

If you can help -- come over and pick up a bundle of literature. I'd LOVE to motivate another two dozen workers and provide you with your own materials for your own, self-paced LITERATURE DROPS. Give out the fliers to your neighbors, co-workers, fellow parents, church friends and transit riders.

Call me at 412 298 3432 = cell.

Materials (handouts, buttons, CDs) are at our office, 108 South 12th Street, South Side, just two blocks off of East Carson Street.

Most of the people we approach are very happy to vote for a POSITIVE CANDIDATE with real solutions. Lots of people in this district of nearly 200,000 are still undecided. Most of them are coming to our side as they become more aware of the options and choices.

Call me if you can help "spread some love."

3 comments:

Mark Rauterkus said...

EMAIL to me:

As a GOP Committeeman, I of course voted for Diven. Nevertheless, I find your views interesting. If you really are a Libertarian, I encourage you to stay in the game. This is what true "diversity" is all about.

My reply:

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not going to get out of the game yet.
I'm in this for the long haul.

Anonymous said...

I DO NOT APPRECIATE SPAM SENT TO MY E-MAIL FROM YOU. AS IM SURE OTHERS DONT EITHER. YOU ARE NOT GETTING A VOTE FROM ME.

Mark Rauterkus said...

If you don't want email from me -- I can fix that. Or, you can fix it yourself by logging off without my intervention. But, the best thing to do is to send me a note and I'll NUKE your email from my list. Simple. Done. No problem.

But, I can't help unless I know your email address -- and anonymous isn't enough.

Generally, when I send out an email message to 8,000 or so on my contact list -- I get most of the unsubscribe messages from people who have DEPARTED Pittsburgh.

Most appreciate teh community-centric messages, otherwise, they opt-out. I do my best to honor requests to stay out of email addresses when they are not welcomed.

If you would like a GMAIL account, perhaps because I've got your work contact -- let me know.