Friday, May 06, 2005

Tossing a lifeline of good news to Diven and Fontana in a few minutes

This memo has been sent days ago to the other two camps. Showdown came. Both of the old party cronies did the wrong thing. These guys can't make the local landscape better. They have no standing to become senators.

Open Memo to the Citizens and Community Groups within the Greater Pittsburgh Community and the 42nd State Senatorial District

Subject: Debate Inclusion and A.A.R.P. Event

Date: Friday, May 6, 2005

From: Candidates on the ballot in the special election for PA Senate (42nd District)

Wayne Fontana

Michael Diven

Mark Rauterkus


Part 1: I, Wayne Fontana, insist upon the inclusion of all the candidates on the debate stage. I'll do everything I can to see that this occurs.

_______________________________________
(FONTANA did NOT agree to this request.)

Part 2: I, Michael Diven, insist upon the inclusion of all the candidates on the debate stage. I'll do everything I can to see that this occurs.

_______________________________________
(Diven did NOT agree to this request.)


Part 3: I, Mark Rauterkus, want to be included and invited to all the debates and candidate events, along with my loyal opponents. I've stood for others in this regard in other races. I feel certain that our shared democracy requires positive action on these matters.

_______________________________________

+ + + +

Thanks for your consideration and all you do for our public life and community, both in the past and in the present.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark:

Start getting out and shaking hands. Ranting on your blog is good, but, you need to connect with the people. Connecting with people is vital to this race. Don't talk about the negatives, talk about your positives and why you are there. Good luck!

Mark Rauterkus said...

I did my best to shake everyone's hand at the AARP, despite being discriminated against. I was one of the last to leave. I was in the hallway -- but I didn't depart. I stayed, gathered phone numbers, passed out the CDs. I heard dozens of good comments from those in the audience too.

I was in Oakland in afternoon. Will be in South Side later tonight and then Carnegie on Saturday.

Trust me, I'm going out too.

I've got 40,000 brochures to pass around as well.