Thursday, March 02, 2006

Statement for the South Pittsburgh Reporter

My campaign song, "Lay The Shovel Down," stands for STOPPING wrong-headed, big-ticket spending. Tax breaks make the rich richer and poor poorer. I'll vote NO on TIFs, stadiums and under-river tunnels.

I'm prudent, hate debt and want families to thrive here again. Get my free CD with software and music.

My focus on freedom, liberty and justice for all favors everyone, not cronies.

I coach swimming. Kids are my priority. I want to chair the YOUTH POLICY and Citiparks committee. My expert background from Market House to publisher of 100+ fitness books will insure functional rinks, pools, gyms. Our kids deserve something to shoot at and for, rather than each other with guns.

All benefit with: Bike lanes on streets; Trust in democracy; Youth Technology Summits; Day-cares and Preschools; Subsidized housing for poor (not rich). In-fill-parking treatments in established neighborhoods make more sense than subsidized garages on Second Ave.

I'll cut the deed-transfer-tax and encourage home-ownership by unloading URA properties.

Expect kayaks in Panther Hollow, a marathon, and community fitness. My tech interactions push fairness, transparency, engagement and open-source solutions. Give your input at 390-page Platform.For-Pgh.org/wiki.

1 comment:

Mark Rauterkus said...

BTW, FWIW, we were given 200 words.

And, this is a "gift" from the Publisher of the South Pittsburgh Reporter. Thanks for the effort thourghout the race. Thanks for the ink in this format. Well done Tom.