Sunday, February 11, 2007

Will lethargic GOP put up mayoral candidate in the 'Burgh? - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Will lethargic GOP put up mayoral candidate in the 'Burgh? - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Will the Republicans, whose mayoral hopefuls usually perform as sturdily as Silly Putty, bother to field a candidate this year?
Another little asked question that I still want to have answered, before jumping to the Mayor's race, is will the City's GOP Party file papers to get a question about the reduction of the size of city council onto the ballot?

This opens up a big can of worms about ballot access -- another teachable, insightful moment.

A similar interaction happens with the postings at 2politicaljunkies and purdent spending, agendas, principles, practices and standing tall.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reducing the size of Council is not a good idea.

Mark Rauterkus said...

I agree.

Richmond K. Turner said...

For what it's worth, I ran into Joe Weinroth in Giant Eagle a few weeks ago. He was circulating the petion for reducing city council. I signed it, mostlly because it's something that I think the voters should get a choice about. If it showed up on the ballot, I would probably vote against it. But I do think that it's OK to at least put the question before the voters.

When I asked about the Mayor's race, he certainly sounded like someone who is going to be running. He said he would start circulating his nominating petition once the window opens up for that in mid-February.