Friday, September 29, 2006

America: Freedom to Fascism -- and The Guardian

Two new movies are out and are worthy of mentions:
America: Freedom to FascismAMERICA: FREEDOM TO FASCISM ... is the film that F/9-11 aspired to but failed to be.
I never saw the F/9-11 flick. But the Freedom to Fascism one is such a strong Libertarian one that I'll go out of my way to see it -- or even help to insure that it plays somewhere locally. Perhaps we can get that at the South Side Works cinemas.

Another movie just out today is a Coast Guard movie called, The Guardian. The previews of that are very interesting. Given our love of water this is a 'must see' for my sons and I. We are drawn to the macho swimming scenes.

I've read on the net that many of the swimmers used in the movie as extras were recruited from Division I college teams -- Auburn, Alabama, etc.

I don't know if we'll have the time to get to The Guardian this weekend, but I'd love to hear about it from others. My #2 son is only 8 years old and the movie is PG13. Plus, my wife isn't interested in nightmares nor a fear of the water.

No comments: