Sunday, August 26, 2007

Dispatches from the Culture Wars - headed to a GOP picnic with this fact

If you have not figured this out yet, I like Ron Paul for president in 2008. Dr. Paul is a Republican. So, I am going to drop in to visit with some people at a GOP picnic today. (See my Google Calendar for insights).
Dispatches from the Culture Wars Giuliani at Ground Zero, Take Two Category: Salon.com decided to find out exactly how much time Rudy Giuliani actually spent at Ground Zero and do some comparing. Here's what they found: On Friday, a New York Times story examined Rudy Giuliani's schedule in the months after 9/11 to verify his controversial claim that, like rescue workers, he'd spent long hours at ground zero, and so was 'in that sense ... one of them.'

In fact, the Times found, he only spent 29 hours at the terror site between Sept. 17 and Dec. 16...

By our count, Giuliani spent about 58 hours at Yankees games or flying to them in the 40 days between Sept. 25 and Nov. 4, roughly twice as long as he spent at ground zero in the 90 days between Sept. 17 and Dec. 16. By his own standard, Giuliani was one of the Yankees more than he was one of the rescue workers.
I used to be a Republican. I joined that party to work hard to make sure Tom Murphy would leave office. I ran for Mayor in 2001 because I hated with the D party leaders were doing to Pittsburgh.

I left the R party the day I saw that some suburban Republicans, headed by Mike Turzi, R, of the PA House, had a plan for Pittsburgh's future. Their plan was NEVER discussed with me or any city Republicans. They wrote up a 16 page document and didn't share it with us at all. And, I had been calling upon them for discussions for months, repeatedly. I determined that they were no friends of mine -- nor the city.

I'll return to the Republican party ranks after the election, about November 7, 2007. I'll want to give my vote to Ron Paul in the GOP Primary in 2008. Then again, I expect to switch back to my Libertarian party registration after that deed is done.

I made a decision in 2007 to NOT run against any Republican in the races I am engaged. There is no Republican running for Controller. There is no Republican running for Pittsburgh City Council, district 3.

I did NOT want to run in the race for mayor in 2007 -- after it was known that Mark DeSantis, R, would be a real candidate. I'm happy to let DeSantis run -- without me to contend with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

16TH AMENDMENT SAYS THAT WE DON'T HAVE TO PAY THE IRS!!!
WATCH THE MOVIE FREEDOM TO FASCISM.

YOU WILL ALSO SEE THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. RON PAUL!!!!!!!!!