Saturday, August 04, 2007

Hi Swimmers, Parents and Friends,

Coach Mike and I have talked, and I am NOT going to continue as an assistant coach at Carlynton Swim Club for the pending winter season.

My sons, Erik and Grant, are expected to continue swimming with the team.

Thanks for listening and all your efforts.

The Post Gazette reports in an article on Friday, Aug 3, 2007, with the headline, City residents file to get on ballot as deadline passes, that "Libertarian Mark Rauterkus of the South Side has filed ballot petitions to run for mayor of P ittsburgh, city controller and city councilman representing District 3."

So, I've got some other important jobs and duties for in the immediate future. On November 6, 2007, election day, I am expected to be in a role that is much like a swimmer who competes in multiple events at one swim meet. In my community efforts I always raise issues about improving recreation opportunities and conditions for our younger generations.

Finally, the water polo clinics have been fun. More players (boys, girls, all ages) are welcome. Just $5 per week. We are playing weekdays from 9:30 to 11:30 at the Crafton pool to August 17.

Mark Rautekus


Letter I wrote that was posted to the Carlynton Swim Club email list via C.M., the club president.

2 comments:

Mark Rauterkus said...

Hi Coach Mark,

(SWIMMER's NAME) and I are sorry to here that you will not be returning in the fall. (SWIMMER's NAME) has come a long way with her swimming since the first day she started, and I thank you for that. As a working mom I am grateful to parents like yourself who dedicate so much time to young people. good luck in your endevors.

Thank you again.

Sincerely,
The (NAME) Family


. . . .
Hi,

Thanks for the kind words. (SWIMMER's NAME) has made some great improvements. He/She'll can be a great swimmer in the years to come.

I'll be around here and there. Grant and Erik are still going to be swimming too.

Anonymous said...

You will be missed terribly. Best of luck in your new adventures!