Friday, December 03, 2004

Homespun Bloggers Symposium III

Homespun Bloggers What, in your mind, represents the single greatest long-term threat to the United States of America, and what should be done about it?

I'm a swim coach. Because of my background, I know that the greatest threats are those that are found within, not without. An external threat is, generally, less of a factor than internal ones. In swimming, we often coach the athletes to get of ouf their own way. Get off the brakes. Reduce drag.

Canada? ... Naw. Mexico? Sure. Outter space? You bet.

Our biggest single problem internally might very well be our poor handling of the wider concept of democracy. I wonder what from the outside can topple that internal system, and I don't see much. I'm stuck on this internal nexus.

I better read what you others have written as I'm not moved to rant about oil, solar flares nor aliens.

No comments: